Process Engineer II at DRS Technologies
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a Process Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for wire bond equipment, process development, and sustaining activities for Infrared Sensor packaging operations. This job requires developing, documenting and maintaining processes for wire bonding of Infrared Sensors. The applicant must have experience in process development for backend assembly operations in at least several of the following areas: Interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings, process development, documentation, and training, product test
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering with 2+ years applicable engineering experience
- Knowledge of wire bond processes
- Capable of conceptualizing tooling and fixtures
- Capable of working in a Class 100 Clean Room
- Self-starter with excellent verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Flexible and able to perform a wide variety of tasks and processes
- Ability to work with minimum direction/supervision, regular reporting of progress and status
- Computer literate & skilled in use of MS Office
- Experience with infrared imaging systems and opto-mechanical design
- Experience/familiarity with digital cameras and microscopes
- Experience with wire bond encapsulation methods
- Electronics packaging experience
- Statistical Process Control
- Skilled in Pro-E software
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems with existing manufacturing processes or products and makes modifications and improvements as needed.
- Compiles and evaluates process or product design and test data.
- Evaluates and recommends design approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products or processes.
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques in process development such as Design of Experiments and SPC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of packaging practices and processes
- Knowledge of wire bond processes
- Responsible for wire bond tools and support equipment
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems and/or subsystems
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- Familiarity with analytical methods; ability to follow a DOE precisely and make sound decisions when deviations are identified
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and interpret GD&T
- Proficiency with electronic instruments and test equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of lifting up to 20lbs, 20% of time
- Walking up to 25% of time
- Climbing up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Standing up to 10% of time
- Stooping up to 10% of time
- Kneeling up to 10% of time
- Travel up to 15% of time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS