Director, Consulting Services at North American Corporation of Illinois
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Glenview, Illinois
North American is a recognized leader in distribution, supply chain synchronization, and integrated business solutions. Founded in 1919, North American has built an innovative and highly specialized business practice helping companies improve supply systems that have grown inefficient, non-customer-centric and costly.
Do you love standing in front of a clean whiteboard? Is process mapping your idea of an exciting afternoon activity? Are you comfortable working with ugly and unclear data? Can you describe analytic information to non-analytical people? Do you find no shame in saying “I’m a Consultant!”?
If so, you may be a perfect candidate for our open NVISION role of Director in our Consulting Services department reporting to the Vice President Business Development Consulting Services.
- Conduct NSIGHT Assessments - Deep dive consultative assessment of prospective client processes and costs associated with their marketing execution process (we term this the Marketing Supply Chain - the people, processes and technologies that develop, produce and distribute printed materials, displays and promotional products).
- Support of current clients – Process enhancements for legacy accounts, issue resolution for newly assessed clients, and other various custom needs as they arise.
- Participation in the Business Development process - This role does not have any direct selling responsibilities, however is an extension of the business development team. In that role, you should expect to be part of our prospecting discussions, as well as be asked to act as Subject Matter Expert on our assessment process with potential clients.
- Document as-is process workflows through large group working sessions and interviews.
- Work with clients to gather data relevant for assessment.
- Develop and document improvement strategies.
- Work with analysts to evaluate client provided data.
- Finalize all recommendations and develop final presentation materials.
- The position will be located at our headquarters in Glenview, IL, and will report to the Vice President of Business Development and Consulting Services. This position carries a full workload and can be asked to travel and work beyond normal work hours on occasion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional analytical skills, logical thinking and writing skills.
- High level of comfort in large group meetings.
- Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications (intermediate to advanced level functions).
- Proven detailed organization and project management skills.
- Supply chain management and/or process improvement interest.
- Experience working within marketing and/or with marketing clients is preferred.
Commercial Products Group — Complete facility supply management, sanitary maintenance programs and foodservice disposables.
Packaging Systems Group — Full-service packaging solutions from equipment and supplies to technical service and support.
NVISION Marketing Supply Chain Group — Streamlines the supply chain of marketing organizations to create a single point of control for how marketing materials are managed, produced and distributed.
North American (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.
See Job Description