Instrument Technician at Community Health Network
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Location Job Duties
The Instrument Technician position is located at Community Hospital North in Indianapolis, IN
- Provides technical support by selecting, assembling, and processing instruments and equipment for use in surgical cases
- Responsible for the cleaning, decontamination, maintenance and preservation, and sterile processing of all instruments, equipment, and non-sterile supplies
- Responsible for the care and preservation of all instrumentation
- Must have two (2) years of experience in a similar sterile processing position in an operating room setting
- Must possess knowledge of surgeon preferences, procedures, instrumentation, equipment and decontamination/sterilization
- Previous CST experience preferred
High school diploma or GED equivalent; Graduate of an accredited program of surgical technology preferred
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (C.R.C.S.T.) strongly preferred upon hire; will be required within one year of employment; CST preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and nonverbal interpersonal and professional communication skills are required
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task
- Must be able to take direction well but also be self-directed and motivated
- Requires a high degree of responsibility and responsiveness
40 hours/week; benefit eligible; Eligible for shift differential for the entire shift; on-call responsibilities
Instrument technician, instrument tech, sterile processing, CRCST, CST, CPD
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.