Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Titusville, Florida
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
A certified occupational therapist assistant (COTA) works under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as allowed by state practice act.
• Helps residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an occupational therapist.
• Monitors an individual's activities to make sure they are performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
• Records resident's progress for use by the occupational therapist:
• May assist in scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance forms or other paperwork.
• Provides training to residents, caregivers and families according to the resident’s care plan.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Associates Degree from a AOTA accredited program
• Licensed COTA if required by state law
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, see, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Adheres to and oversees communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
Must be very flexible.
See job description