Wetland Delineator (Entry Level) at Environmental Resources Management, Inc.
Posted in Military/Defense 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
ERM is currently hiring Lead and Assistant Wetland Delineators for projects across the United States. These temporary positions will begin immediately and continue throughout the year. Survey crews are expected to work 6 days per week. The role of a wetland delineator requires technical skills, as well as, strong organizational and communication skills.
- Delineating wetlands per the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual and the Great Plains, Midwest, and Northcentral and Northeast Regional Supplements.
- Surveying waterbodies.
- Conducting habitat assessments.
- Data entry and sub-meter accuracy GPS use.
- Survey report compilation.
- Permit application assistance.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- BS/BA degree in a natural science field of study (biology, ecology, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 field season for Assistants and 3 field seasons for Leads of wetland delineation experience using the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineations Manual or appropriate wetland delineation training or coursework.
- Familiarity with Army Corps of Engineers regional supplements for the Great Plains, Midwest, and Northcentral and Northeast.
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and on varied terrain.
- Ability to work weekends and regularly over 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work in the field for extended periods of time.
- Working knowledge of GPS technologies and map interpretation skills (e.g., NWI, USGS, aerial photography).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a pre-hire background check and drug test.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview or video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.