GIS Analyst/Entry to Mid-Level/San Antonio, TX/BH at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
We are searching for an Entry to Mid-Level GIS Analyst for our San Antonio, TX location. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of GIS data. Candidates must be knowledgeable with ESRI's software products. Duties include performing simple data analysis and creation of various maps for incorporation into reports and/or presentations.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment for distribution.
• Develop GIS projects consisting of vector, raster, and tabular data.
• Update and query database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
• Follow standard operating procedures and design criteria established by the Department.
• Meet with internal and external clients to define data needs, project requirements, or required outputs
• Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
• Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
• Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
• Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
• Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
• Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
• Prepare metadata and other documentation.
• Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, plotter, digitizer, color printer, and video camera.
• Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
• Present information to users and answer questions.
• Retrieve stored maps.
• Other duties may be assigned and may include periodic field work.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred, or equivalent experience. This position requires an understanding of GIS, CADD, and database software at a junior level, and requires strong communication and interpersonal skills. A minimum of 2 years practical experience with ArcGIS is required. Experience conducting fieldwork using the GPS, knowledge of ESRI's ArcServer, ArcSDE, Spatial Analyst, and/or 3D Analyst, knowledge of utilizing GIS in the oil and gas industry, and awareness of Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) is a plus. Ability to work on and prioritize a variety of technical assignments and satisfactorily complete work on schedule.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office software applications required. Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred. Individual must have ample organizational skills, ability to manage time-critical situations in order to fulfill deadline requirements, and strong ability to work in team situations.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies