Software Engineering Intern at Inmar, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rogers, Arkansas
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will support Inmar’s software engineering or infrastructure efforts by working on business applications utilizing multiple platforms that might include cloud or mobile apps, or other components that interact with Inmar’s cutting edge platforms. You will be exposed to automated testing and continuous integration methodologies. This position will also expose you to multi-discipline software development teams and agile processes, providing you with a working knowledge of software engineering development standards. The range of technologies available will include HTML5 (Ajax/Bootstrap), Python (Linux), Java (Android), Objective C (iOS), C# (.NET/Windows/Azure), node.js, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL and MongoDB. This internship program is for the 10 weeks in the summer of 2018.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Actively participate in Agile development projects.
- Perform support activities as they relate to application development.
- Special projects that support the development teams, such as preparing and implementing environments, reports and/or documentation to support development teams.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Strong preference for Students having completed their junior year and on target to graduate in May 2017, with a Computer Science or MIS focus and exposure to one or more of the following development tools (.Net, C#, VB .Net, ASP.net, Python, Java, SQL Server)
- Direct hands on coding experience either as part of project team, school project or individual effort is strong plus
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Extensive understanding of the Internet and social media sites
- Ability to work independently with confidence and a detail orientation
- Strong skills in preparing reports and research results
- Must submit college transcript with application in order to be considered
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
Safety: Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.