Supply Chain Analyst - Contract position at DRS Technologies
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst (4-6 month contract)
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Bridgeport/Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Danbury, CT
The Supply Chain Analyst provides critical support to the Proposal Development Team in the area of materials estimating and procurement. Responsible for the accurate, complete and timely submission of material quotes and in response to government and commercial request for proposals (RFPs).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insure all material quotes are competitively bid, are current and accurate at time of proposal submission to government and/or commercial customers.
- Review and analyze existing Bill of Material structure to determine material pricing strategy to include:
- Review existing purchase history
- Identify customer furnished equipment
- Identify similar components for consolidated price
- Incorporate any engineering changes to BOM to insure capture of all required components
- Identify opportunities to consolidate requisitions to obtain leverage pricing
- Determine best price quote based on competitive bid analysis
- Collaborate with Purchasing Department on procurement plans and strategy to obtain best and most competitive price
- Ensure Small Business involvement in bid process
- Provide a copy of the final Subcontracting Plan to Purchasing Department
- Estimate price for supply items and hardware cost based on PO history and current projects
- Ensure the appropriate contract flow-downs are identified and passed onto Purchasing
- Interact with Program Management on Program Cost issues identified during the material quote process
- Monitor target costs against proposal costs
- Advise Planning, Engineering and Contracts of changes in prices that may be cost-prohibitive or delivery lead times that could be detrimental to production cycles
- Obtain any cost data from suppliers in compliance with TINA threshold requirements
- Compare and analyze current proposal to prior quotes for same or similar products, providing bridge pricing analysis as needed
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the Company
- Ensure all quoting data is included, in chronological order, in the Proposal Folder on the Systems network
- Ensure all Buyers have access to the data in the Proposal Folder
- BS degree in supply chain management or equivalent experience
- Minimum of (2) years proposal experience in defense, aerospace or technology industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in purchasing, supply chain and proposal estimating development in response to RFPs
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, DoD regulations with specific emphasis on Truth In Negotiations Act
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; must be able to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy and detail in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Independent, resourceful and able to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of a matrix organization; ability to develop relationships within all levels of the organization
- Customer service focus (internal and external)
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and retain a security clearance within a time period to be established by the Company
- Working in an office environment Lifting 0-20 lbs., Walking, Stooping, Sitting, Standing, Computer Work
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #NPS