TMS Analyst at Kenco
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
About the Position
The Transportation Management Systems (TMS) Analyst provides support and expertise to Kenco’s transportation group as it relates primarily to MercuryGate software. The business analyst will be the primary liaison between the business and IT, implementing effective solutions to meet the needs of customers and clearly communicating these solutions to all stakeholders. The successful candidate will document and maintain current and future business requirements and ensure these requirements are implemented in a timely manner. The analyst will support brokerage activities relating to system reporting, MercuryGate setup and architecture, and as well as developing API setup for additional products as they are added to Kenco’s suite. In conjunction with these responsibilities, they work to continually improve system processes to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, while maximizing profits by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, support, and be the effective “power/super user” for all functional aspects of the assigned TMS. This can include; TMW Systems, Appian, MercuryGate, and other comparable TMS’s
- Technical Support for MercuryGate, to research and resolve issues as they arise and to determine root causes and implement countermeasures to address the issues long term
- Serve as the site administrator for TMS solutions through user maintenance, security administration, and roles/permissions setup
- Have a clear understanding of transportation contracts and how to represent them accurately in TMS setup
- Onboard new EDI carriers through communicating requirements, proper setup and testing to ensure transactions are communicated accurately and timely
- Diagnose, research, and correct EDI failures as they arise in day to day business
- Assist with Carrier onboarding
- Assist with Customer onboarding through understanding requirements through design, testing, and implementation
- Provide high quality training and documentation for TMS solutions in a “customer ready” format
- Provide high quality customer presentations as needed (via online or traveling to customer site)
- Serve as subject matter expert on LTL, Truckload, and Intermodal rates structure and contracts within MercuryGate TMS
- Coordinate with customer’s integration between MercuryGate and internal WMS systems, and other customer ERP and MRP systems
- Work closely with IT, accounting, and transportation departments to ensure that MercuryGate TMS implementations are successful and efficient
- Install all services from MercuryGate including Carma, Shipper and Consignee portals, Auto-tenders, Quick Pay services, and all integration with Carriers.
- Create transportation reporting to express brokerage performance, spot market analysis, and customer / carrier key indicators
- Serve as the primary liaison between Kenco and MercuryGate as it relates to system updates / upgrades, helpdesk issue resolution, Ace Task Manager, and support issue reconciliation
- Document support issues and solutions, as well as process improvements for support.
- Develop effective strategies to best optimize our customer’s freight and reduce transportation costs utilizing MercuryGate TMS
- Assist with development / deployment of a disaster recovery plan for TMS
- Frequent verification of system integrity and relevant data management strategy
- Expect to be “on call” on a schedule for people to contact for (rare) after hours emergencies
- Expect to travel up to 10% per calendar year
- Ability to design processes for new functionality within transportation operations
- 3+ years of both functional and technical experience with transportation management systems (TMW Systems, Appian, MercuryGate, Oracle Transportation, JDA (i2), or comparable)
- Working knowledge of a Warehouse Management System (WMS) will be extremely beneficial
- Enterprise systems experience, experience with Microsoft operating systems and applications, SQL database technology, reporting writing technology, and integration capabilities
- Strong understanding of EDI technology and integration
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in XML and associated tools
- Experience with MercuryGate Easy Click implementation is a plus
- Previous experience integration TMS solutions through API is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong, positive rapport with colleagues in a team environment; ability to provide an example that communicates integrity and consistency in decision making.
- Ability to develop rapport with our customer while successfully managing customer expectations.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment; demonstrated ability to work effectively under stress and pressure; ability to manage multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Logistics, Information Systems, or Supply Chain related field preferred