1st Shift Safety (Line/Plant) Lead at Morgan Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
POSITION SUMMARY for 1 st Shift Safety Line/ Plant Lead:
The purpose of this position is to improve the environmental, health, and Safety performance related to the manufacture of Morgan Bodies through the use of statistical data analysis, problem solving techniques, and JBPCO production systems.
- Assist implementation of company Safety programs, to include developing Safety methods, procedures and policies based on company guidelines. Monitors and assist in Behavioral Based Safety Audits and provide feedback to leadership on level of engagement and compliance through regular reporting on audit details.
- Works with EH & S Operations leaders to ensure site is compliant with environmental hazards and raises concerns to respective COE leaders in the EH & S department.
- Supports facility in job hazard analysis and measures and evaluates effectiveness of Safety policies, completes needed recommendations through working with the Ops team and EH & S department. Create and train job hazard analysis.
- Supports and participates with the emergency response team (ERT), Safety committee, performs Safety and /or environmental training as provided by the COE leaders in the Safety department in conjunction with the Regional Safety Engineer.
- responds to incidents with support of other departments regarding treatment, follow up, and internal reporting.
- Participates in all internal and external audits and assist, as needed, with direction from ops leaders and Regional Safety Engineer.
- Performs other assigned duties as necessary.
- Develope Safety topics to discuss and address during facility start up meetings.
- Participates in new hire orientation as needed to speak about Safety expectations and help facilitate Safety compliance training under the direction of EH & S COE guidance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience with proficiency in Excel & Word & Powerpoint
- Served on a Safety Committee
- 2 + more years in working in a manufacturing environment desired
- Some OSHA training preferred.
- Previous experience as part of an emergency response team or first aid certified is desired
- High energy, great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Previous hazardous waste awareness level, train the trainer designation for hoist, forklift and manlifts desired
- RCRA hazardous waste knowledge desired
- Experience in using a structured root cause analysis tool to identify root cause and establish action plans to remove hazards or guard against them.
- While performing the duties of the job, the team member is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, periphal vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Team member must occasionally lift or move up to 35 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas through spoken words and written communication.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Special Application Instructions:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less:
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.