Systems Engineer (Telecommunications), FULL-TIME at Nemours
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Systems Engineer (Telecommunications), FULL-TIME to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
The Systems Engineer position is a technical leadership role responsible for the design of networks, including local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), wireless networks (WLAN), internet access, intranet, voice, video and other data communication systems. The role is viewed as a subject matter expert (SME) and is responsible for creating, running and managing tactical plans and projects as well as providing support on cross functional IS/IT and business projects. This position requires professional level skills and knowledge of Cisco networking solutions, software and hardware.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and maintain data communications systems. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Develop technology roadmaps. Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for complex projects.
- Manage technology vendors.
- Keep skills and knowledge current on technology infrastructure, software and services to help shape the technical direction.
- Write functional requirements, specifications, standards, and operating procedures.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Lifecycle management and upgrade of network hardware and software components as required.
- Solve complex problems and customer requests with multiple variables.
- High School Diploma required. Specialized (1 year of training beyond high school).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years' experience required.
- Experience with installation, operation and troubleshooting small enterprise or branch office networks, including basic network security setup and operation.
- CCNP in Routing and Switching; CCNP in Wireless, CCNP in DataCenter or CCDP preferred.
- Specialized knowledge on routers, switches, firewalls, wireless devices, and access technologies and protocols (Nexus, Catalyst, ASA, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, VPC, VDC, VRF, VSS, VoIP, etc).
- Good working knowledge of network design, implementation, configuration, and performance tuning of WAN, LAN, and WLAN.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.