Continuum of Care Coordinator at American Contractor Services
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
The Continuum of Care Coordinator serves as the liaison between community resources, physicians, hospitals, and post-acute care providers. The successful candidate is responsible for improving patient wellness, reducing readmissions and ensuring appropriate utilization of in-network healthcare resources. The coordinator will also collaborate with Hospital Leadership and Case Managers to review resource utilization and provide necessary assistance to patients. Competitive salary and benefits.
1. A bachelor's degree or higher in nursing or social work
2. At least 2 years' strong clinical/healthcare experience required
3. Knowledge of discharge planning, utilization management, case management and disease management.
4. Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and post-acute community resources, physician office routines, and transitional procedures for pre-and post-acute care.
5. Supervisory and project leadership experience preferred
6. Knowledge of Medicare and ACO practice management preferred
7. Prior experience with high-risk patients.