Director of Nursing (Home Health Services) at samaritan services, inc.
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tampa, Florida
Our client Allen Healthcare Services to source a Director of Nursing- (Home Health Services) to join their office located in Forest Hills, NY. Reporting to the the Clinical Administrator this role will provide oversight of the full time and per diem nursing field staff in all Allen Health Care offices. The Director of Nursing ensures the quality and safety of patient care, and through chart audit and staff supervision, ensures the Company’s compliance.
Responsibilities for the role of Director of Nursing (Home Health Services):
- Oversees the assignment of full-time and per diem nurses, to make initial and follow-up visits to assess and evaluate the condition of the patient and the performance of the paraprofessional (HHA or PCA).
- Oversees Patient Service Managers and RN field staff.
- Reviews Client Admissions and Assessments. Ensures documentation is complete, and follows up with clinical staff who need remediation.
- Acts as liaison between physicians, field staff and coordinators, to facilitate solutions to patient/contract/aide concerns.
- Orients clinical field staff to patient care and agency policy and procedures.
- Participates in annual review of policies and procedures.
- Maintains RN competency program that includes in-service education and employee evaluations.
- Monitors the timeliness of MD orders, supervisory visits and assessments.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in all required orientation and in-service training sessions.
- Complies with the AHCS Corporate Compliance Program and follows the Code of Ethics.
- Follows all HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations relating to protected health information.
- Maintains compliance with AHCS Patient Safety goals.
- Coordinates and implements day-to-day operational goals.
- Conducts performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff, identifies developmental opportunities and training requirements.
- Ensures compliance with FLSA, OSHA, HIPAA, FMLA, Disability, Workers’ * Compensation, ADA, TJC & other Federal, State and Local regulations.
Requirements for the role of Director of Nursing-(Home Health Services):
- A Bachelor of Sciences degree in Nursing or a health or human services field, is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in home care.
- 2+ years' administrative experience with the ability to supervise professional/administrative personnel in the field of Public Health, Hospital Administration, or a Health related facility.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- RN License- New York.
- Director of Nursing: 2 years
- home care: 2 years
- Field Nurse Supervisory/Management: 2 years
Required license or certification:
Job Location: Forest Hills, NY