Global Reliability Leader Refineries and Packaging at Cargill
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wayzata, Minnesota
This role will have global responsibility for the strategic/tactical oversight of Reliability Excellence (RE) governance and plant asset for all Global Edible Oil Solutions (GEOS) regions.
Activities of this role will include: development, alignment, and implementation of RE programs for the region in line with the GEOS Group RE strategy, operational/maintenance effectiveness and continuous improvement; related project planning, contractor/supplier management; best practices application, training and support; and people management.
This role will liaise, provide and seek guidance to/from Enterprise and Region/Function Operational Leadership and Plant Site members.
The preference is for this position to be located in Minneapolis or Amsterdam area, however other Cargill GEOS locations may also be considered.
20% Reliability Excellence governance (develop, align, and implement RE programs in line with the GEOS Group strategy)
- Responsible for developing, aligning, deploying and executing group wide reliability excellence vision, strategy as well as direct program administration for the region
- Leads and executes the deployment of leading RE practices, tools and processes for the region to improve capacity utilization and quality standards realized through reliable/efficient operations.
- Directly leads group/regional effort through group/regional leadership and group/regional deployment teams (i.e. assigned regional reliability SME’s/Engineers) to drive tactical strategic execution of continuous improvement processes and procedures to install safe, reliable and sustainable plants, to deliver best cost solutions as well as to optimize total cost of ownership.
- Assesses organization readiness and implements reliability processes policies and procedures. Manages and implements the decision-making rights, framework structure and metrics (i.e. Leadership alignment, Scorecard, KRAs, PMP).
40% Operational/maintenance effectiveness and continuous improvement, prevent, maintain & repair
- Partners with Group/Region Functional Operational leadership and Plant management to develop approaches for meeting efficiency standards, recommend process improvements and develop business case for improved operational effectiveness methods and leading practices.
- Identifies gaps, opportunities and proposes solutions to address customer needs and to support businesses medium/short-term strategic fit.
- Directly oversees Group/Region level execution of integrated RE processes by establishing continuous improvement practices and methodology (PISW, Kaizen SMED, RCM).
- Implements, monitors and maintains asset health strategy (i.e. asset criticality, maintenance strategies, health reporting), stabilization (i.e. cause mapping, 5S, 5 Whys) and operator care / Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) strategies (i.e. inspection routines, defect tagging, visual management, one-point lessons) for Group/Region.
- Establishes and implements compliance and audit governance. Enforces corporate benchmarking metrics and performance measurements. Ensures cost effective utilization and integrity of automated tools and technology.
- Sets Group/Region targets and goals to assess RE program business impact, and to track performance (i.e. Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE); Total Maintenance Cost/RAV; Asset Health, Audit Compliance).
- Influences and monitors asset reliability policies into capital Project Delivery Processes (PDP) for Group/Region. Manages risk, issues and remove barriers to ensure completion of Reliability Deliverables milestones within budget.
- Directly oversees execution activities required for senior Group/Region/Sites stakeholder/project team engagement, organizational readiness, and stakeholder management, training classes, communication activities and leadership alignment.
- Works with Group/Region Function and Sites Operational Leadership/Management to establish specific capital spending planning as well as when applicable provides input on selection/management of maintenance contractors.
15% Best practices application, training and support
- Utilizes broad and deep business knowledge of RE principles and practices to partner with Group/Region Operational/Functional/Business/Site leadership to develop and execute RE best practices philosophy, application and training methodologies. Leverages best practices and agreed approaches across multiple plants and Groups.
- Actively pursues and reinforces continuing education around leading RE practices and governs its application across Group/Region.
- Establishes and drives quality management methodology and tools. Directly leads through effective change management processes and communication venues.
- Works with HR to establish/implement a competency-based learning and development program at Group/Region level.
10% People and budget management
- Indirectly accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement for Group/Region RE team and indirectly oversees maintenance and reliability personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years equivalent maintenance and/or operations leadership experience in lieu of the degree
- 10 years operational and/or maintenance experience
- Multi-site leadership in operations, maintenance, and or engineering
- Effective leadership skills and effective communication
- Ability to travel frequently (50%)
- Advanced Degree in Engineering
- 15+ years operational, engineering, and maintenance experience
- Lean – Six Sigma Green/Black belt
Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)