Manager Fraud & Dispute Services at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Lehi, UtahJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibility is managing the Risk department and duties to ensure key components of daily functions are met. The position requires strong leadership skills, out of the box thinking, and an effective method to minimize losses while providing excellent communication and customer service to our clients.
- Manage the day-to-day risk functions to include strengthening the development and execution of our loss prevention strategies due to emerging market and trends due fraudulent and/or suspicious activity
- Monitors workflow and staffing levels, participates in the hiring of staff. Provides staff training and assists in the training of partners, updating them on all significant changes in policy, law and card brand rules.
- Assists with the response to Card Brand, sponsor bank or federal agency inquiries
- Oversees the monitoring of accounts for suspicious transactions and assures that suspicious activity is reported to BSA Officer. Ensures that a proper investigation is conducted. Participates as a member of on the Bank's SAR Committee.
- Participates in annual due diligence review of partners and major merchants.
- Ensures Merchant Services complies with Regulatory requirements. Utilizes Lexis Nexis, ThreatMetrix, G-2 and others for enhanced due diligence and mitigation of Risk.
- Participates in the creation and review of all department policies and procedures.
- Participates in Audits and addresses any findings timely.
- Support the Risk team in communicating with merchants and agents via telephone and/or email regarding exceptions. Request additional information, as needed, to contact Card issuing banks and/or cardholders regarding merchant exceptions.
- Oversee MasterCard issuing monitoring
- Ensure all industry due diligence requirements are preformed while adhering to Card Brand rules and regulations.
- Be keenly aware of all Risk Card Brand programs including chargeback programs such as VCMP. Advanced knowledge of the Card Brand rules and regulations would be preferred
- Manage and monitor the company's overall chargeback ratio to identify trends daily, monthly, and quarterly.
- Support the Risk team will all levels of escalation
- Manage the overall ACH rejects process
- Ability to work under a stressful yet rewarding environment
- Understanding of a Payment Facilitator shop and the rapidly evolving landscape
- Ability to resolve complex challenges while independently managing multiple tasks/projects and meeting deadlines simultaneously
- Keeps abreast of developments in credit card industry and updates appropriate parties.
- Special projects as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years of fraud related experience or 5+ years analysis and data mining experience preferably in a risk management context.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field is highly desirable.
- Experience in statistical and data analysis with excellent working knowledge of SQL (required).
- Experience with statistical tools such as Python or R a plus.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrable analytic, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Banking or finance background with experience in payment processing/credit card processing a must
- Familiarity with Card Brand online portals, Visa Resolve Online, MasterCard Connect, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.