Business Manager at Acer
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Acer America is a fast-paced, high-growth company, located in the heart of downtown San Jose. We are part of a global company that is #2 in notebook market share with goals set on becoming #1. We are looking for a high-energy, creative and business-savvy individual to join our team and help us achieve our ambitions.
Business Manager –The BM is the market expert for his or her given product and channel. The BMs function is to understand the market and introduce products which enable the attainment of the specified amount of revenue for any given period. Secondarily, the BM must manage towards a profit contribution target. Ultimately, success is a function of market share development. This position will interface closely between product management and channel partner product management (buyers) and purchasing.
- Collecting and analyzing sales out and inventory data from businesses and government agency customer, as well as distributors and partners of Acer’s technical products.
- Analyzing Sales statistics and preparing regular reports on sell-through, sales in, order status, etc
- Liaising with customers and partners to plan and conduct technical product demos and presentations
- Evaluating customer needs and handling technical demo samples to present to customers
- Utilizing engineering and technical educational background and knowledge to emphasize product features based on analyses of customers; needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities
- Following up with customers to make sure they are satisfied with their purchase answering any of their questions or concerns
- Answering customer questions about Acers Technical product prices, availability and product uses
- Creating and maintaining rolling three month sales forecast and targeting sales attainment plan
- Coordinating supply chain management activities to facilitate sales process
- Participating in competitive analysis, marketing, sales and pricing strategy development and supporting sales-in and sales-out targets
- Handling technical product demo samples to present to customers
- Participating in Product Cycle planning
- Helping with training customers
- Supporting supply chain management
- Collect and analyze sales out and inventory data from partners
- Gather competitive intelligence – pricing, specifications, etc.
- Collect and analyze competitive information
- Coordinate supply chain management activities
- B.S./B.A. in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience in marketing or sales in a technical field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Assertive team player
- Innovative problem-solver
- Self-starter able to jump in with minimal supervision
- Business savvy
- Sense of humor