Mechanical/ Electrical Maintenance Supervisor at WorldBridge Partners Toledo, Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Manage the maintenance of all Primary End mechanical equipment, projects, and maintenance personnel to keep equipment operating in a safe manner while eliminating downtime to maintain high utilization and throughput of product in a cost effective manner. Train and mentor team members, regularly evaluating the teams skill level versus departmental technology.
- Continuous planning and organizing of outages, including ordering and maintaining adequate spares parts and equipment.
- Interacting with vendors and service companies to provide on time and cost effective maintenance service during outages.
- Schedule all outside contractor personnel to efficiently maintain the Primary End department buildings, equipment and associated systems as needed.
- Work closely with operations department personnel to reduce downtime and improve equipment utilization, utilizing reliability centered maintenance techniques.
- Assure outside contractor employees adhere to company and OSHA standards in safety.
- Enforce company practices and policies with outside contractors as well as departmental personnel.
- Work closely with the Primary End Maintenance Manager to manage the department maintenance budget
- Work closely with the Primary End Maintenance Manager to develop and manage the department capital plan
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Interface with the workforce regarding safety, costs, productivity and scheduling.
- Responsible for insuring completion of jobs as well as assigning tasks to the Mechanical Maintenance Team.
- Coach and train the work force to develop a “culture of safety”
- Implement and monitor all facets of the department safety program.
- Assign responsibility for safety observation corrective actions and ensure timely completion.
- Recognize, avoid and where possible eliminate hazards within the department.
- Attend and conduct as needed the monthly OSHA safety meeting
- Manage the administration of the Safety Observations Program throughout the Maintenance Team.
- Work with the Primary End Maintenance Manager to ensure Lockout/Tagout program and Confined Space entry program are kept up to date.
Schedule personnel and equipment:
- Coordinate the mechanical maintenance team to support department needs, maintaining proper manning levels, proper skill levels within the team and manage work schedules as needed to support the departments needs.
- Oversee and manage overtime costs to maintain the department budget.
- Work with the Maintenance Planner to thoroughly plan and organize outage schedule timeline, continuously updating plan and adjusting resources as required to meet agreed cost and deadline goals.
- Hold regular meetings with the maintenance team to review open projects status and reassign resources as needed to complete projects on time and with in budget.
- Approve direct reports work hours within time keeping system. As well as, oversee and manage overtime costs to maintain the department budget.
- Maintain and manage open work orders within the maintenance management software for outage and downtime jobs.
- Work to develop and make revisions to lockout procedures
- Work to develop and make revisions to preventative maintenance procedures
- Work with maintenance team to develop safe job procedures
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel and departments to maintain buildings and equipment at a level that insures the safety of the work force and attainment of production goals.
- Coordinate with operations and maintenance personnel to assure that required planned maintenance occurs during scheduled down days and outages.
- Drive new projects through to completion
- Order and maintain adequate spares parts and equipment to avoid extended downtime
- Train all outside contractor personnel on specific plant/departmental safety programs.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve the skills of the maintenance team.
- Conduct Safety meetings as required
- Conduct crew meetings as required
- Conduct contractor meetings as required
- Hold regular scheduled maintenance outage meetings as required
- Publish detailed maintenance outage plans in a timely manner
- Establish and communicate daily maintenance plan to both day maintenance team as well as shift maintenance operators.
- Communicate in a timely manor to keep supervisor informed on open projects, personnel development, project status, current equipment conditions, future capital needs,etc
Manage the implementation of all applicable company and commercial standards:
- Department JSA/SOPs
- Lockout Tagout and Confined Space Entry Programs
- OSHA, etc…
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS, BSME, BSEE in industrial maintenance field or a minimum of 15 years experience in maintenance
- Minimum five years of heavy industrial maintenance experience (including hydraulic circuits/devices).
- Minimum five years experience in troubleshooting and maintaining industry equipment such as cranes, gearboxes, pumps etc.
- Experience scheduling/managing people
- Experience developing an outage schedule
- A high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Mid to high-level computer skills.
- Good working knowledge of industrial Instrumentation. Calibration of Instrumentation, such as Flow Meters, Position Transducers(LVDT), Pressure Transducers, Accelerometers, RTD’s, and Thermocouples.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience managing multi day maintenance outages
- Experience managing the installation of new equipment
- Previous management experience with in the field of industrial maintenance
- Experience in managing employees using a “Team” concept.
- Experience developing Lockout Tagouts
- Experience commissioning new equipment
- Experience in electric arc furnaces
- Experience in continuous casters
- Experience in supervising pipefitters, welders and riggers
- ISA certified