Restaurant Manager at Hospitality Human Capital
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palo Alto, California
DINING ROOM MANAGERS
We are actively seeking Dining Room Managers for our Mayfield Bakery & Café location, who believe the finest expression of service is the personal care of people; guests and staff alike. At Bacchus we strive every day to ensure every person that enters out restaurants leaves happier then when they arrived.
• Employ and maintain proper staff levels while adjusting staff levels when business dictates.
• Manage employee development program: twice annual staff reviews and quarterly manager reviews.
• Ensure all proper employee relations policies and procedures are followed, including but not limited to: hiring, terminations, documentation of employee warnings, conflicts, suspensions, new hire procedures, training and annual reviews.
• Ensure that all new hire, termination, workers comp and other paperwork correspondence with Bacchus is filled out accurate, complete and turned in on time.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws
• Ensure staff is scheduled intelligently. Be aware of staff special needs.
• Achieve budgeted revenue, cost of goods and labor costs.
• Oversee that proper Meal & Rest Periods are being taken by staff.
• Continually train, educate and develop staff and keep staff focused to ensure quality of service.
• Communicate clearly and effectively.
• Create a culture of teamwork where the best interest of the guest is the only interest to be considered during service and that service timing is based on 'what will happen next' as opposed to 'what just happened.
• Have working knowledge of methods, descriptions and sound bites for all food and beverage items as well as the ability to train staff on such items.
• Keep proficient in wine and food knowledge.