Customer Development at Landed
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
OverviewLanded is on a mission to help essential professionals, starting with educators, build financial security near the communities they serve. One of the ways we do this is by investing equity alongside educators when they are ready to buy a home. We call this shared equity down payment assistance. How it works. The company, founded in 2015 and based in San Francisco, has the backing of: Y Combinator, prominent angel and venture capital investors, top banking executives, former directors of federal housing authorities, affordable housing policy experts, union organizers, philanthropists, and Stanford economists.Helping great educators become homeowners keeps them in the classroom and improves student outcomes. That's why Landed is financially supported by great organizations like the DRK Foundation and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. Recent news coverage about Landed can be found in the Wall Street Journal, on NPR, and in the San Jose Mercury.
PositionAt Landed, we strive to help educators build financial security in the communities they serve by providing down payment support to educators when they’re ready to buy a home. Landed is looking for a resourceful, motivated, and positive person to engage with our homebuying educators as they begin their journey with Landed and the homebuying experience. This role is based in San Francisco and reports to the Head of Customer Experience.
From day one, you will:
- Help Landed qualify and convert customers through:
- Leading 40+ phone calls per week with inbound educators across the country to qualify leads.
- Manage email communications with potential customers, with a focus on managing and nurturing customer relationships.
- Deliver a consistent, high quality customer experience to all of Landed’s potential customers.
- Organize Landed’s lead pipeline, analyzing and prioritizing prospects daily.Develop and implement new initiatives to more efficiently qualify and convert Landed customers.
- Become an expert in the ins and outs of the Landed product. Clearly and empathetically articulate the Landed product and value proposition.
- Work closely with the entire customer team to interpret and translate customer experience data so that it informs product development.
What this opportunity is:
- The chance to be on the front lines, acting as the initial point of contact with many of Landed’s potential homebuyers. Play a critical role in Landed’s growth as a company and brand.
- Ensure every potential Landed customer has a fantastic experience learning about Landed that far exceeds their expectations.
- The opportunity to grow Landed’s customer development team.
- The chance to be an early employee (with equity ownership) at a venture-backed startup, with: a competitive salary, full health benefits, flexible time off from work to explore and engage the rest of the world; support and resources for personal growth, continued learning, and service to your communities; pathways to long-term company leadership; and, membership to a smart, driven, grounded, creative, and diverse team.
- A chance to become an expert, which takes at minimum 8-12 months.
- Part concierge hospitality, part sales operations.
What this opportunity is not:
- An established position with precedent to follow and a set blueprint to carry out; we need self-starters.
- Easy hours, low risk, slow paced.
- A strategy role without execution.
Who you are:
- A people person who’s energized by talking to a large, diverse group of customers every day.
- Have the desire to own the mission of the company.
- Motivated to enroll others in something you believe in. Wanting to advocate for and think like a homebuying Landed customer.
- Your natural mode is to be positive. You’re willing and excited to learn from failure, and get right back at it.
- A resourceful self-starter who is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve issues.
- A naturally fantastic listener, collaborator, bridge-builder, and question-asker.
- You love learning.
- Good-natured and enjoy spending time with a diverse group of people both inside and outside of work.
- A professional with at least 2 years of work experience in these areas of expertise.
- Preferred: Fluency in Spanish
Salary range: $60k - $70k plus commission with (0.1% - 0.3% equity) and full benefits.
Landed is committed to equal employment opportunities, hiring for a diverse and dynamic set of trailblazers. People of all backgrounds and identities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.