Senior Project Manager at LavaRock LLC
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Join one of the Top Growing General Contractors in the Bay Area. They have the area's most high profile projects and an Awesome company Culture.
Led by some the most highly successful industry veterans this opportunity will offer Top Compensation and benefits and excellent growth opportunities.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling of a project.
The Senior Project Manager will supervise a project team
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Sets safety, quality, schedule, cost and owner relationship goals.
- Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up, bid packages and project pre-planning.
- Works with the VP of Operations to obtain the personnel resources required to properly staff the project.
- 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Scope.
- Reviews project proposal or plans to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Manages the financial aspects of contracts; assures job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis.
- Develops baseline project schedule with assistance from Superintendent and/or VP of Operations.
- Monitors and reports project cost and schedule performance; recommends corrective actions if needed
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external project team members to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement and timeline.
- Analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Reviews change orders for accuracy.
- Reviews and takes action on contractor pay requests and invoicing.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports
- Manages claims; identifies and resolves potential claims with subcontractors/suppliers.
- Participates in project coordination meetings.
- Ensures adherence to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEO and tax regulations.
- Monitors and ensures quality control.
- Works with Safety Director to ensure jobs have safe working conditions and safe work practices are in place.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with key owners and architects.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
- Directs and ensures timely completion of project close-out activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
- Strong experience in project management for the construction industry.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Viewpoint or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.