Packaging Technician I at MillenniumSoft Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Position : Packaging Technician I
Location : San Diego, CA
Duration : 12 + months contract
Start Time : 8:00 AM
End Time : 5:30 PM
Total Hours/week : 45.00(Mon-Fri)
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated, must have ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient learner with new tasks and methods.
- Attention to Detail.
- Liquid PKG Equipment Pipettes, peristaltic pumps, analytical balances, etc.
- Math Skills: Ability to calculate fill volume based on concentration (mg/ml); understanding of the metric system.
- The Packaging Technician dispenses liquid antibody reagent into customer facing vials.
- The Packaging Technician is responsible for filling the bulk reagent into the vials, capping the vials, labeling the vials, and performing any final packaging required for finished goods inventory.
- The Packaging Department's workload has increased significantly in regards to the amount of priority orders and overall production requirements due to an increase in stock out line items for Plant 1150.
- This requisition is required to replace Kim Truong, Packaging Technician I, contingent worker.
- Kim's assignment ended on 12/4/17 when she transitioned into a QC assignment.
- This position IS NOT related to shipping OR shipment packaging.
- This is a manufacturing type position and involves filling of liquid antibodies into small vials in a laboratory environment and using lab instruments such as pipettes, peristaltic pumps, and analytical balances.
- A science and/or manufacturing background is preferred.
- Learn and understand: Basic Packaging process flow, Basic Inventory and supplies management process flow, Basic bottling techniques for all single vial purified and conjugate materials, Basic packaging processes including bagging and labeling, Use of pipette, scale and other packaging equipment as required, Support label creation process by learning and operating all labeling equipment
- Meet daily/weekly/monthly departmental production objectives efficiently and effectively with a high degree of quality.
- Must have ability to independently organize individual schedules to meet departmental goals.
- Ability to follow general instructions on routine tasks and detailed instructions on new tasks.
- Support departmental packaging supplies and material management function including storing, retrieving and staging supplies/materials as required.
- Support technical manual and technical data sheet preparation and operate associated equipment to produce printed literature.
- Support LDMS and daily shift start up meetings.
- Understand and input packaging data, as required, in the SAP system and/or other Production Planning/Manufacturing Resource database system(s).
- Follow all department guidelines and procedures
- Follow BD Biosciences Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area.
- Participates in EH&S programs.
- Notifies supervisors of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
- May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.