Social Studies Teacher (7-12th Grades) at Lammersville Unified School District
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mountain House, California
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal or designee.
To utilize instructional skills, classroom management abilities, analytical skills, and interpersonal relational skills to provide an educational environment that assures the educational and personal development of all students so that they reach their highest potential.
- Implements and establishes innovative, effective and new teaching methods as the standard method of curriculum delivery in all Social Studies classes taught.
- Models effective instructional strategies, classroom management strategies, and intervention strategies for academically and behaviorally at-risk students.
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop pacing guides and common formative and summative assessments.
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues on professional learning community team(s) and instructional data team(s) to improve instruction
- Works with other department members to standardize scoring across the Social Studies department
- Employs and shares effective instructional strategies that help to improve student achievement throughout the department and School.
- Works to achieve collective department goals and objectives.
- Collaborates where appropriate with College/University and Career/Industry professionals in order to prepare students for college and career.
- Keeps informed of and trained in educational innovations and implements current technology into classroom instruction
- Develops Social Studies course content and aligns said content with California Common Core State Standards and History-Social Science Content Standards.
- Incorporates computer and other technology into instructional process and into work both in class and at home.
- Works with special educators in implementing IEP’s and 504 plans for students to appropriately modify instruction, services, and expectations for students with these plans.
- Helps maintain positive classroom and school-wide climates.
- Pursues professional development opportunities to improve instructional practices and student achievement.
- Works with counselors to recommend the placement and assignment of students to the subjects, levels and classes in the department.
- Works individually and with department colleagues to develop and implement effective academic and behavioral interventions throughout the Social Studies department
- Supervises and oversees the appropriate use of school equipment, instructional materials and technology
- Assists in the completion of departmental reports, documentation and surveys
- Coordinates student participation in departmental-related contests, societies, and conferences.
- Assists in the selection of instructional materials, technology and equipment needed to enhance instruction
- Participates in Social Studies department and school wide decision-making activities.
- Is an example of open dialogue with the parent community through the use of multiple forms of communication (website, online grade book, prompt return of parent phone/email messages, etc.)
- Is available to students and intervenes with students as needed.
- Makes connections with students in a variety of ways outside of the classroom environment.
- Participates in advisory capacities in student clubs/organizations/class advisor roles.
- Understanding of 21st century learning skills and methodology
- Ability to learn and adapt to the quickly changing environment of teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn and implement curriculum delivery in a virtual/online teaching environment
- Experience in project based learning methodology.
- Ability to leverage social media to enhance the classroom learning environment
- Has an understanding of college and university entrance requirements and industry and career expectations of students who are graduating High School.
- Understanding of and an ability to implement the California Common Core State Standards and History-Social Science Content Standards into the curriculum.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations to parents and students.
- Ability to communicate and interact and make connections with students in a positive way.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of current professional literature and materials including effective school research.
- Ability to manage change and new programs by utilizing effective change strategies.
- Ability to effectively implement the 1:1 Chromebook, Flipped Classroom and Blended Learning and initiatives to improve student achievement
- Ability to implement the Canvas Learning Management System effectively to improve student achievement
- Desire and ability to investigate, learn and implement new ideas about educational methods and ideas
- Primary/Secondary Education
- Higher Education
- Education Management