Principal Data Science - Statistical Research at HopHR
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Principal Data Scientist - Statistical Research
Manages and builds a multi-functional team of analysts, clinicians, and managers through leadership and mentoring, holding primary responsibility for the delivery of analytic projects that provide tactical and strategic solutions to constituent needs.
- Oversees applied statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data.
- Stays informed about industry trends, research findings, and evaluation methods.
- Anticipates and recognizes matters that effect ability to create valid measures, reports and analyses and take appropriate action to reduce bias.
- Formulates department strategy and vision.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Drives the overall design or methodology of tactical and strategic solutions that satisfy information needs across products, segments and clients.
- Participates in the development of data reports and/or products that will enhance the retention of current market share and attract new business by demonstrating cost containment and quality initiatives.
- Proactively builds and maintains internal and external key relationships.
- Provides leadership in negotiation and influencing sound business decisions based on data, results and information derived from industry trends, and research findings.
- Directs the development and delivery of analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive the short and long-term objectives of the company.
- Performs or manages the application of research and develops statistical models that answer research and business questions for internal and external clients.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies
- Manages projects, people, customer expectations and business priorities to achieve constituent satisfaction.
- Responsible for team commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
- Motivates, understands, and probes into technical details and mentors his/her direct reports to do the same.
- Manages and builds a strong team of managers and individual contributors through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring and other development techniques.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
- Receives general direction Informatics Head and is competent to work at the highest level of all aspects of data analyses and presentation.
- 10 or more years of healthcare, health insurance, or pharmaceutical industry analytic experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Deep knowledge of health care industry, policy, research design, univariate and multivariate statistical analyses, predictive modeling, case-mix and risk adjustment methods.