Senior Researcher at Workbridge Associates
Posted in Management 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palo Alto, California
Working with a Research and Development company in Palo Alto that provides custom R&D services, creates technology, provides expertise, and generates intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government entities. They were started as a subsidiary of Xerox in 1970, but since 2002 they’ve been at it solo on a separate mission to revolutionize our world for the better. Their achievements include creating the Laser Printers, the graphical user interface (GUI), and the mouse (that you’re probably using right now).
The role is for a Senior Researcher centered around developing algorithms and predictive analysis applications for cyber physical systems; dealing with various inputs like manufacturing, transportation, consumer appliance, etc.
The right person for this role have strong algorithm development skills, and good experience with MATLAB and related tools like Python and R. Since they are a research and development company, having the ability to write and explain the full scope of the project you're working on is a must have since you will be writing publications and pitch your idea to commercial clients. You must be able to manage client interactions as well as a managing your own projects and leading teams.
They prefer someone with at least 5 years of professional experience, and since you must have a Ph.D. for this role, they have exceptions for strong candidates that have worked on the above specifications while in school. So if you're hungry for the opportunity to see what working at one of the most renown companies in the World, apply to learn more.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ph. D. in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Researcher or Data Scientist
- Strong background designing algorithms for predictive analysis applications
- Strong experience developing using Python and MATLAB
- Good reading and writing skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Background working in a R&D environment.
- Written publications related to the field of Cyber Physical Systems or related subjects
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Developing Algorithms
- 30% MATLAB
- 20% Python
- 70% Researching, designing, developing, and prototyping
- 10% Management Duties
- 10% Team Collaboration
- 10% Client Interaction
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- PTO & Vacation
- 401K Plan
- Start-up environment with the stability of a big company
- Hands on experience prototyping on projects with real world implications
- Working with the latest technologies
- Collaborative environment with some of the smartest people in the South Bay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.