Platform Engineer at Buildit @wiprodigital
Posted in Manufacturing 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Buildit @ Wipro Digital is a Global Engineering Studio and part of Wipro Digital and the wider Wipro Organisation. We love engineering and it’s our core focus across our Studios in USA, UK, Ireland & India. We're a global team and we value transparency, curiosity, inclusivity and getting stuff done.
We challenge the way companies approach problem solving and share a passion for solving difficult ones. We understand that success comes from a combination of changes in technology, ways of working and a customer centric approach. We love technology, and understand that real change comes from showing people what is possible rather than telling them. We treat our people like adults and foster an environment where they feel empowered to succeed.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who want to help us change the way companies think and approach problems; people who want to teach and learn from others; we are looking for people who want to be treated like adults.
We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
What you'll do
- Understand clients' organizations, aspirations and challenges.
- Enable our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better software.
- Build real solutions through experimentation as part of a multi-faceted team.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products.
- Read; experiment; learn; teach.
Skills and experience we’re after:
- You like to solve problems writing code.
- You want to collaborate within autonomous, cross-functional delivery teams.
- You have direct production experience in multiple programming languages.
- You view Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery as standard practice.
- You believe that code without supporting analysis and tests is unknowable and unsupportable.
- You believe in and practice Infrastructure as Code.
- You have experience working with Cloud, *aaS platforms.
- You have experience implementing Monitoring & Analytics.
- You are comfortable discussing technical implementation to high-level architecture.
- You believe in emergent design through an iterative approach.
- If the above sounds like something you're currently doing, something you believe you can do, or even something you would like to do, get in touch with us and let's have a chat.
The hiring process
We want to have a simple process that will allow both us and you to bring out the best of all parties. We want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The typical hiring process is as follows.
Stage 0: Let's chat
One of the Buildit talent team will call you for a quick chat to find out a little bit about you. For some roles we would ask you to complete an exercise after but we will let you know at this stage for sure!
Stage 1: Let's chat
A chat on the phone or a video call with one of the Buildit studio team, where we talk a bit about us and how your experiences can help us. For some roles we would invite you to the Studio to meet face to face, we would also welcome you at the studio if this would be your preference.
Stage 2: Exercise - this stage is for Technical Roles
Here we would like to see a little bit of your tech and coding skills. We will send you the details for the exercise, so that you can show us some awesome code. Your solution will be used in the next stage to build upon during a pairing session with a couple of our engineers.
Stage 3: Meet the team
This involves a visit to one of our studios, where you get to meet a few of the team if haven't done so in the process. We'll get to talk in more detail about what we do, your experiences and ambitions. If you are an Engineer we will also spend a bit of time talking about your tech submission and we will pair program building a few more features.
Stage 4: That's it
That's pretty much it. There will be one more phone call to confirm transfer details with you, and possible start dates. Welcome to Buildit @ Wipro Digital!
We aim to provide feedback as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any feedback on the process we would be very keen to hear it. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and refine how we work so would love to hear what your side of the story is, good or bad.