Structural Project Manager at Galaxy Management Group, Inc.
Posted in Construction 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mount Vernon, New York
Our Client is an accomplished award-winning Architectural & Engineering firm that specializes in large structural engineering and repair projects in New York City.
We seek an experienced, well-rounded Structural Project Manager who desires challenging work, professional career opportunity and wants to be part of a great team.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced engineer with a background in structural engineering and repair. In addition to a strong technical background, the candidate should be independently motivated, have good project management and organizational skills, You will be expected to perform field inspections, surveying, and construction administration services for structural renovation projects. Provide engineering supervision, advice, expertise, and assistance with all structural-related construction and engineering issues related to projects.
We are looking for someone who is driven, motivated, and willing to put extra time and effort into a growing structural business.
- Familiar with the NYS and NYC Building Code and Local Ordinances
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Structural Analysis software (STAAD, RISA, RAM, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project)
- Fluent in English (Spanish a plus)
- Suspended Scaffold Certification
- Must be US citizen
- Exceptional Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Management and Organizational Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to Self-motivate and work independently with little supervision
- Manage and lead a team of project engineers to ensure accurate, complete, and timely completion of structural restoration and new design projects.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to project engineers.
- Work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Liaise with Clients.
- Prepare proposals for new projects.
- Prepare designs and perform analysis of structural components of buildings and other structures.
- Inspect existing field conditions and determine appropriate repairs.
- Prepare, read, and comprehend construction documents.
- Communicate with Contractors, Owners, and the Design Team.
- Work with little supervision.
- Prepare written reports, letters, field reports, and minutes of meetings.
- Prepare and analyze plans for static and dynamic loading; be creative in order to ensure the structures support and resist the loads they are subjected to.
- Prepare and oversee designs, calculations, drawings, specifications and other technical submissions.
- Calculate, prepare and review estimates and other related material.
- Sign, seal and file all projects as the Engineer of Record.
- Administer construction contracts and the coordination of any elements of technical submissions prepared by others.
- Review and approve construction shop drawings, submittals, shoring plans and design calculations.
- Observe installed work for conformance to design documents and direct Contractor personnel.
- BS a Must, Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering a Big Plus
Prior Work Experience:
- Ten+ years of relevant work experience
- Licenses: PE Civil License and/or SE License in the State of New York
Benefits & Visa:
- Full-time, Salary Commensurate with Experience, Benefits Provided
- Local Candidates Only, No Relocation Assistance Provided
- US Citizens or Valid US Green Card Holders Only