Full Stack Web Developer at R+W Studios
Posted in Information Technology 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Title: Full Stack Web Developer - Cancer AI, Electric Scooter systems, TV apps
You're an experienced developer, and know what to do and how to do it across the stack. What now?
We're a product studio creating software for unusually challenging applications in science, medicine, law, government, and yes, b2b and consumer software. To experience the range and degree of technical challenge in the projects we work on usually requires spending 7-10 years rotating through research labs at Google, Facebook, Amazon, Tencent, or outliers like SAIC. At R+W engineers have the opportunity and the responsibility for creating software to solve some of the most intellectually rewarding challenges being pursued anywhere.
If you're ready to dive into creating software for cancer genetics, publishing scientific research, measuring beauty, electric motorcyle control systems, replicating the chemistry and flavor of the perfect pour-over coffee, for self-driving vehicles, and a wide range of slightly more conventional b2b and b2c software for shoe brands, banks, global telcos, NGOs, national governments, retailers, restaurants, and quirky startups, then we'd like to meet you.
R+W Studios, Limited (R+W) is a product studio and agency with studios in Taipei, NYC, Washington DC, and Hong Kong. We have created more than 150 apps for more than 55 million users, increasing client valuations by more than $25 million, and have had multiple #1 App Store rankings. We're growing rapidly and now building out our team of web developers in NYC, to work with our designers and mobile developers in Taipei. We’re looking for some talented full stack engineers.
We always have a wide range of projects running in parallel that vary greatly in scope and complexity. Our developers might be building a simple web interface to interact with an existing REST API one day and the next day spend time on the bleeding edge of machine learning or computer vision to solve challenging problems. In any case, we provide the resources and environment to hone your existing skills while challenging you to learn something new.
Some general requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience building full stack web products for real users
- Comfortable taking projects from the design phase to a stable production release
- Taking responsibility for investigating and solving issues is a commitment you respect
- Iterating towards greatness across multiple releases is something you enjoy
- Like to choose the best tools and tech for the job
- Affinity for science, but also ecommerce, and video games
Tech you should know:
- Back-end: NodeJS
- Server: AWS, SasS solutions like Firebase, and generally Linux servers
- Tools/Misc.: git, unit testing, automated deploys, growth/analytics services
- Services we use: AWS, GitHub, Trello, Slack, CircleCI, Firebase, mLab
Why work at Roam & Wander:
- Solve world-class problems
- Paid leave
- Annual bonus
- Travel to Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong
- Wide variety of projects
- No unnecessary management layers
- Highly diverse team
And finally, if you've graduated from a dev bootcamp within the last two years, come look us up in a couple of years, but not right now.