Principal Software Engineer at Medtronic
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Careers that Change Lives | Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
BRAIN THERAPIES offers an integrated portfolio of devices and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improve the precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
A Day in the Life
This position has the responsibility and authority to apply technical expertise toward developing Windows software applications for surgical planning. Work on the design, development, test and maintenance of software used in the medical field.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for providing leadership in the development of cutting edge products used in the medical field.
Specific tasks include:
- Designing, developing, testing and documenting software components and applications.
- Leading requirements gathering, estimating and planning efforts.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and supporting existing software products.
- Supporting labs and surgical evaluations of products.
- Representing the company at industry trade shows and customer sites.
- Identifying and leading on-going professional development activities.
- Following Medtronic Navigation product development standards and practices.
- Identifying and ensuring the successful implementation of process improvements.
- Willingness and ability to assume increased responsibility.
- Effectively leading development teams within and across business units.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirement: 10-20%
Must Have Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of software development experience with B.S./B.A.
- 5+ years of software development experience with M.S./M.A.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Expertise in C# , C++ and the .NET framework
- Expert Knowledge of software design, development, debug and test practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Broad understanding and experience across the software discipline
Nice to Have:
- Expertise in OpenGL, DirectX, VTK or other Visualization libraries.
- Expert developing GUI applications using XAML / WPF
- Expert knowledge of software design patterns including OOA/OOD.
- Experience building medium to large size Windows Applications / Libraries
- Experience in utilizing Agile and TDD methodologies.
- Project management skills, including planning, estimation and requirements management.
- Software development experience in the medical industry or other regulated industry.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees