Portfolio Manager II-Real Estate Group at UMB Financial Corporation
Posted in Sales 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Duties and Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for assisting loan officers in the portfolio management activities (generally CRED loans greater than $1,000,000). Will manage assigned credit portfolio, complete covenant and other monitoring requirements, and manage the associated credit risk. Key highlights of the role will include the following:
- Partner with loan officers to effectively administer the management of assigned Commercial Real Estate relationships.
- Perform credit underwriting duties for existing/prospective client relationships, which may include but are not limited to the following: perform detailed credit analysis to determine borrower/guarantor repayment capacity, appropriate loan structuring recommendations, complete credit packages for credit committee approval (new business/reaffirmations) submission. Preparation of underwriting documents will also include collateral analysis on multiple asset classes and preparation of pricing and risk rating models suitable for each credit request.
- Continuously monitor covenant compliance with regular reporting requirements to loan officers and loan/credit monitoring and credit review. Establish protocols and maintain tracking of documentation exceptions, past dues, field exams, borrowing base reports and covenant exceptions.
- Recognize and manage early warning signs for the portfolio on a recurring basis, which may include but are not limited to the following: analyze borrower/guarantor financial performance upon receipt of reporting requirements, either monthly, quarterly or annually. Fully analyze and confirm financial covenant compliance, analyze payment performance benchmarks and perform regular financial reviews.
- Provide recurring customer service to existing and prospective clients, which includes direct contact with customers either through participation in joint sales calls with loan officers or direct correspondence with clients and perform various projects/tasks as needed with an emphasis on maintaining UMB TUCE at all times.
- File all required reports, and resolve all related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- May mentor less experienced Portfolio Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related fields
- 7 years commercial banking experience (including 5+ years of specific commercial real estate experience) including credit underwriting
- Current valid driver's license
- 10 years commercial banking experience (including 5+ years of specific commercial real estate experience) including credit underwriting
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding in how to identify and process maturing loans, line renewals, term loans that need to be extended, how loans can be restructured, approval process, change terms, etc.
- Demonstrates expert level of understanding of credit underwriting of all major investment CRE property types
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of bank products, services, and bank operations
- Demonstrates ability to interpret policies/procedures, loan contracts, and understanding of credit reports, financial statements and loan documents
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills, including underwriting of CRE properties and markets; and guarantor financial statements, including real estate schedules
- Demonstrates ability to be self-starter, show initiative, and transfer knowledge to less experienced peers
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrates knowledge of commercial lending software
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to prospect and network at various levels within a company
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you'll get:
- Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
- Professional Development: We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals - including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
- Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
- Culture of Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.