Commercial Team Lead at UMB Financial Corporation
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Denver, Colorado
Duties and Responsibilities
This role will have responsibility for leading the commercial loan activity in a geographical region (client relationship management including credit underwriting, documentation, maintenance, monitoring of credit quality, and customer service across all commercial products provided/offered. Will represent UMB in the local community.
- Grow revenue by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining/expanding existing customer relationships.
- Call on existing or prospective customers to develop new business, expand existing business, maintain good customer relations, and ensure proper servicing of all accounts/relationships.
- Assist in establishing sales goals and strategies for region and assessing performance against set goals periodically with management.
- Assist in establishing service policies and standards for commercial accounts, in order to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Perform in a high visibility, leadership role in the community served.
- Exercise leadership and administrative coordination over the functions of the region, including participation in the sales strategy, budget process, implementation of regional policies, and explanation of company program and objectives.
- Negotiate credit arrangements and prepare credit memoranda and supporting documentation for presentation to the loan committee.
- Provide management responsibility for a team including establishment of goals, objectives, and associate professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience in related commercial experience
- Current valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in business administration or finance
- Previous management experience of sales staff
Minimum Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of credit
- Demonstrates knowledge of bank products, services, and bank operations
- Demonstrates ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates ability to be customer centric with proven sales success
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates ability to address customer objections and concerns positively
- Demonstrates ability to manage time effectively to balance new & existing relationships to meet goals
- Demonstrates ability to prospect and network at various levels within a company
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you'll get:
- Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
- Professional Development: We provide our associates with the tools they need to support their career goals - including training, tuition reimbursement and career guidance.
- Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
- Culture of Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to building a strong UMB by hiring talented, high-performing associates with diverse backgrounds. Maybe you simply want to work at a company where you have a voice and an opportunity to share your unique ideas.