Account Manager at Thomson Reuters
Posted in Management 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Account Manager - East
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This position manages and grows revenue and market share at highest value and most complex designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Develops and executes account strategy collaborating with account team and/or other business units to deliver a comprehensive product offering to meet overall customer needs.
- Manages, retains and grows revenue, responsible for sales and accountable for service performance (may include new sales and revenue quota attainment).
- Establishes strong, long-term customer relationships and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Continues to maintain relationships with key decision makers.
- Strategically develops and executes a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for growth and revenue as appropriate.
- Applies knowledge of business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth.
- Collaborates with account team and/or other business units where required and has oversight of all account activities.
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to other internal stakeholders.
- Acts as point of contact for the client, provides escalation path to and from Service and attends to customer issues promptly as appropriate.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer product training as necessary.
- Advances the sale, application and evolution of products within accounts.
- Maintains up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
- Demonstrates skills in managing and handling sales across accounts.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
- Strong understanding of Regional Full Service and Online Retail Advisory Business.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Relationship building skills.
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
- Problem solving--ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to collaborate with account team.