Collateral Analyst Senior- Marquette Business Credit at UMB Financial Corporation
Posted in Science 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Title: Collateral Analyst Senior- Marquette Business Credit
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position verifies the collateral that secures MBC's loans through effective credit control and monitoring of collateral performance within a portfolio of clients. It is also the primary customer contact for all matters relating to loan operations.
- Input collateral information into the system and the analysis of such information.
- Monitor the more complex and challenging portfolio accounts while also assisting/training the other collateral analyst(s) with their daily monitoring and operational activities.
- Monitor collateral on accounts receivable and/or inventory loans.
- Analyze collateral and loan reporting to identify inconsistencies or unusual trends.
- Assist loan officers and managers in resolution of all client issues.
- Verify signatures on the customer's borrowing base certificate.
- Reconcile borrowing base certificates daily, weekly, and/or monthly depending on client's needs.
- Reconcile any non-cash reductions and changes in ineligibles and bringing unusual or large changes to the attention of the loan officer.
- Note any changes on the Borrowing Base Certificate and reconcile the Borrowing Base Certificate to the loan system, advise the borrower of any errors.
- Reconcile and analyze month end reporting and data entry into the loan systems.
- Post collateral information from the customer reports to the loan system.
- Prepare advance requests and, after determining availability, processing requests in accordance with approval policies.
- Ensure debtor notifications and verifications are performed in line with MBC requirements.
- Seek to proactively understand the client in order to spot early warning increased risk signals.
- Ensure compliance to all credit policies and maintain accuracy in operational procedures.
- Communicate with Loan Officers and Collateral Analyst Supervisor on a frequent basis to resolve any collateral issues.
- Visit clients to assist them in proper reporting procedures, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years Asset Based Lending (ABL) collateral work experience
- Associates or Undergraduate degree experience with focus on business or financial services industry or equivalent
Minimum Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions and manage day-to-day issues and determine solutions that affect both company-wide asset security and client loan viability
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates strong, professional interpersonal skills to interact professionally and effectively with executives, clients and employees
- Demonstrates ability to independently organize, prioritize multiple tasks, track and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and work quality
- Demonstrates ability to be dependable and accountable in all areas of responsibility
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment
- Demonstrates ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times