Inventory Manager at XL Hybrids
Posted in Admin - Clerical 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
This team-oriented innovator will be an inventory management and process improvement guru with a drive to apply best practices and out-of-the-box thinking to the unique inventory challenges of our production facilities. XL Hybrids is scaling up in-house pre-production activities in two facilities (Boston and midwest) for pre-assembly and kitting of eight current vehicle platforms.
In the next year, we will grow our production throughput and scale, as well as increase our portfolio of product BOM and individual parts.
This team member will leverage a portfolio of technical and interpersonal skills to create and maintain state-of-the-art master inventory systems. The Inventory Manager will work alongside and directly support the activities of the Production Manager, and report to the Director, Production Operations.
About XL Hybrids:
CO2 emissions from transportation recently surpassed the power sector as the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States. Fleet vehicles account for over 25% of these emissions yet account for only ~5% of the vehicles on the road.
XL Hybrids is a pioneering developer of hybrid electric and plug‐in powertrains that reduce oil consumption while also providing a good financial return. Our systems are available on Ford, GM, and Isuzu vehicles, and we sell to the largest fleets in the world such as Verizon, FedEx and Pepsi. Our fleet‐ready™ electrification systems deliver cost‐effective solutions that enables commercial and municipal fleets to quickly and efficiently reduce transportation fuel consumption, lower operating costs, and measure performance to meet corporate sustainability goals.
Founded by alumni of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, we are an ambitious and rapidly growing team, with a state‐of‐the‐art engineering facility in Boston. We are rapidly deploying our technology and are looking for high‐energy, creative, and ambitious people to join our team.
At XL Hybrids we offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, 401K, health benefits. Additionally, we offer a fun work environment and the opportunity to enter a high‐growth startup company. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated leadership and excellence throughout their careers but are also excited about the prospect of creating positive change for our environment through the transformation of the fleet vehicle industry.
- Craft the inventory master plan for our Boston facility, and then tailor and implement this plan at our growing production facility in the Midwest.
- Spearhead the creation of new inventory layouts for both production facilities.
- Work closely with our Production Manager to ensure inventory layout and flow is optimized to support production activities.
- Continuously improve the plan to support rapidly evolving product lines.
- Determine best practices and institutionalize processes for stock control and reconciliation through the use of our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) electronic data system.
- Instruct team members across the organization on procedures.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Manager and Production Manager to determine appropriate onsite and off-site stock levels, based on production forecast.
- Find and manage solutions for off-site storage of inventory, where appropriate.
- Maintain XL’s standards of health and safety, and security.
- Grow the team by recruiting, selecting, training, and coaching team members in Boston and our midwest facility.
- Select and report on meaningful metrics at regular intervals.
- Stay abreast of current industry trends to ensure that both our inventory facilities capture the state-of-the-art practices.
- Work regularly with suppliers of material goods, facility management solutions, and inventory management software within the ERP.