Geospatial Developer at Relus Cloud
Posted in Science 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
How would you like to join a company whose purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet? We provide multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most.
The Geospatial Developer will provide key technical input, subject matter expertise and develops high quality prototypes as well as valuable customer driven products designed to give global insights. This position involves managing and processing of large data sets using cutting edge image processing methods both in the data center and in platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS). If you have a passion for the atmospheric or geospatial science plus the background to handle complex analytics, we have ample opportunities for you to create products and results that you will be proud of.
In this position, you will support the various Geospatial projects in preparing data, developing content and analytical tools and its web applications and undertaking technical research and analysis related to projects.
What you’ll do:
- Manipulate large raster data sets through cloud computing (AWS and Google), including large raster analyses using a variety of tools including pandas, GDAL, ogr2og2, and ArcGIS
- Analyze spatial data, including deriving spatial statistics, use of geoprocessing tools, Model Builder and other analytical tools using ArcGIS and Python. Use of automation tools and batch processing required
- Develop tools and innovative algorithms using Python
- Design and implement workflows for large scale geospatial processing with a goal of improving efficiency
- Coordinate geographic analysis and provide scientific support for the business development team
- Respond to requests for information and data in the areas of Remote sensing/Atmospheric science/Atmospheric compensation/Image processing
- Prepare maps for staff presentations and print publications, using advanced cartographic skills
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Proficiency in standard GIS software, including ArcGIS Pro or Desktop 10.x, ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online, ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, QGIS
- Exceptionally good communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation experience
- Demonstrated experience with remote sensing and image analysis
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities. Creative problem-solver who likes to be challenged.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams of individuals and colleagues
- Knowledge of land cover spatial modeling methods (e.g. CART, SVM, Random Forest)
- Experience working with the Google Suite of tools (i.e. Google Earth Engine) and other open source GIS solutions (e.g., QGIS)
- Experience with using spatial statistics packages
- Experience with scientific programming in C, C++ or Java preferred.
To be qualified, you MUST be a US Citizen.