Senior Corporate Accountant at Synchronoss Technologies
Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
The Controllership Team is chartered with providing critical business information on a timely basis in order to ensure optimal efficiency in decision making for the organization. The Controllership team reports to the Chief Financial Officer at Synchronoss, meaning that it acts as the trusted source of all actual (current and historical) financial information and prepares relevant analyses for essential business decisions.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will support the Accounting Manager by assuming a wide range of general ledger and financial reporting-related responsibilities for a public tech company. Responsibilities include preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and support for SEC filings. The Senior Corporate Accountant must have strong excel skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the global consolidation and reporting processes, including accounting for the impact of foreign exchange rates and elimination of investment in subsidiaries
- Work collaboratively with other corporate finance team members and regional teams to achieve accurate and timely results
- Complete foreign currency reasonableness calculations/proofs
- Create and maintain all financial reporting templates within Oracle / GL wand
- Assist in creating and developing efficiencies within the U.S. GAAP consolidation and management reporting processes
- Assist with the Company’s Internal Control program and develop and maintain process and controls documentation as needed
- Assist in preparation of necessary audit schedules to support the financials and footnote disclosures
- Assist with analytical reviews of monthly, quarterly and annual financials
Interface with external auditors for periodic financial reviews, controls testing and other inquiries
- Participate in special projects as deemed necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of related experience
- Mix of public accounting (Big 4 or Regional) and industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field required
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP required
- Excellent working knowledge advanced functions within Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle R12 a plus
- Previous consolidation experience and accounting system experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of multi-currency transactions and related impacts on the financial statements
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Ability and desire to foster interpersonal relationships and collaborate in a small corporate environment, working cross-functionally to achieve the best outcomes for the company.
- Strong communication skills -- both written and oral.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and handle multiple tasks/priorities.