HR Generalist - Compliance & Policy at Carvana
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our
WE'RE LOOKING FOR....
- A dynamic HR Generalist with an insatiable desire to create a fun and fulfilling work environment through the avenue of People Operations.
- You will drive and develop people policies and procedures across Carvana.
- Working closely with our Legal, Safety and HR Operations Teams, you will seek to understand our ever-changing workforce and the legal landscape.
- When questions, concern or changes arise, you will provide expert interpretation and consultation to all stakeholders, keeping Carvana compliant and safe.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as resource to internal customers about employment law, best practices and policies
- Work with Carvana Leaders to craft fair and legal policies, including but not limited to, dress code, attendance, PTO and corrective action
- Stay abreast and proactively ahead of new laws related to employment and people practices
- Own and drive the Carvana employee handbook, including communication across the organization regarding changes
- Partner closely with Legal and Safety Teams on Carvana efforts across DOT, OSHA, EEOC and FLSA compliance
- Organize, execute and occasionally facilitate required employee and manager trainings, including harassment and discrimination
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE/MUST BE:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in HR, Business, Psychology or a related field
- At least 2 years of experience as an HR Generalist or HR Administrator. Seriously. 2 years. We will ask.
- Deep understanding of employment law and employee relations
- Broad understanding of HR functions including payroll and benefits, employee relations and compliance, HRIS systems
- Comfortable and confident working in ambiguity with limited precedence and direction
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to easily engage with leadership
- Demonstrated ability to execute the highest level of confidentiality and respect to private information
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment
- Enthusiasm to provide above-and-beyond customer service in every manager and employee interaction
**Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.