HR Generalist at Carvana
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our
WE'RE LOOKING FOR....
A holistic HR Generalist with an insatiable desire to create a fun and fulfilling work environment through the avenue of People Operations. You will serve as the first line of contact for employee questions including but not limited to employee relations, policies, and corrective action. You are open-minded, have a passion for people, and love to see employees and leaders grow to their potential. You will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee relations
- Plan, develop, and implement company-wide HR programs and events, and administer internal communication
- Manage and maintain company policies (handbook, attendance)
- Identify and incorporate best practices to enhance the Employee Experience
- Provide a wide range of consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in HR, Business, Psychology or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience as an HR Generalist or HR Administrator
- Broad understanding of HR functions including on-boarding/off-boarding, payroll and benefits, employee relations and compliance, HRIS systems
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to easily engage with leadership
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.