Technical Product Manager - API & Platform Team at CardinalHire
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palo Alto, California
Technical Product Manager - API & Platform Team
CardinalHire - Palo Alto, CA
Position available in:
Palo Alto, CA
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA or
The ideal candidate has a track record for driving deeply technical solutions at large scales and with high customer impact. This leader must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker and have a history of delivering results.
- This person needs to have experience Platform Integration & Solution Architecture (PaaS/SaaS)
- Needs to understand how the API layer fits into the stack and how API interfaces work, particularly in a consumer mobile context
- Candidates MUST have a strong product sense and good customer intuition, and strong analytical skills, as well as some overall cultural fit needs:
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, drive things forward/ownership, knowledgeable about client's business, consumer space, etc.
- 5-7+ years of related experience at a consumer e-/m-commerce company
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience (Masters / Top School is ideal!)
- Experienced in being responsible for driving technical platform integration to ensure a single global platform serving customers all over the world!!
- Strong analytical, detail oriented, problem solving, communication and project management skills
- Extremely high judgment and structured thinking to ensure solutions optimize for the highest opportunity areas
- Understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems.
- Experience working with integration systems powering large mobile and web products
- As a key member of an elite team, your efforts will make a direct impact on the experiences of millions of customers as well as establish the this client's service platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
You’ll be responsible for:
- This team is the liaison between engineering and product.
- Ensuring services integrate into the overall platform in a coherent and performant way, with an eye towards a single platform serving all geographies
- Driving the evolution of the API and overall SOA platform within larger architecture, product design and planning processes
- Work with highly talented teams to execute the API and platform integration roadmap
- Working deeply with other product and engineering teams to generate innovative solutions to technical and product conundrums
- Developing and executing detailed technical and operational plans for our large ecommerce platform
- Partner with engineers and product managers from across the company to clarify and focus platform integration requirements and act as key knowledge owner on how to integrate products into the the client's platform
This client’s API & Global Platform is the front door to one of the most popular mobile services in the world. It services a multitude of clients including phones, tablets, browsers and is even integrated into a number of 3rd party systems around the world.
In addition to the client-facing duties, the API also works with a diverse array of lower-tier systems collecting and connecting the data and services necessary to fulfill the requests of our clients. This privileged integration point exposes our team members to a wide variety of challenges from the deep technical implementations of the scalable core platform to the user-visible features and functionality available to our customers.
This team’s responsibilities include driving technical platform integration to ensure a single global platform serving customers in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. As a Technical Product Manager on the API & Platform Integration product team, you will be a technical product owner of the client’s Service Oriented Architecture, ensuring hundreds of services work together happily and integrate well with upstream and downstream clients.