Senior Full Stack Engineer, Member Operations Team at Etsy
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
The Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer collaborates with a team to build engaging and effective user experiences for the Etsy community. Etsy is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering team.
You would be designing and implementing internal tools to support Etsy’s Member Operations team and projects would include iterating on existing platforms and building new systems incorporating a mix of in-house and third party applications.
This full-time role is located in either Brooklyn, or San Francisco.
About the Role
- You'll be helping us build delightful products and experiences for Etsy’s Member Operations teams.
- You’ll be able to use our in-house analytics tools to gather information and gain insights.
- You'll also be able to use Etsy's Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often (and you'll probably push in your first week here).
- You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into extremely reliable code that other people – or you, six months into the future – will find easy to comprehend and modify.
- You believe in the connective power of Etsy’s peer-to-peer marketplace and helping creative entrepreneurs scale their business to achieve their dreams.
- Can define and solve unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
- Are comfortable collaborating closely with your teammates, product managers and designers.
- Experienced with providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- Familiar with creating public APIs and connecting to external interfaces.
- Have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- Grasp that knowing when not to code a solution is just as important as knowing that a solution exists.
- Love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- Understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people as it is about writing code.
- Are generous with your time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.
- Will be a mindful, transparent and supportive member of your team.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.