Learning Associates at Level Up America
Posted in Education 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Learn New Tech Skills and Advance Your Career
Do you want a better job, but worry you're not qualified? Do you think about going back to school, but worry about the cost, or whether you'll learn anything that actually helps your career? Do you have trouble getting employers to take you seriously because you don't have a college degree?
Level Up America is a new program that wants to pay you to learn in-demand skills and connect you with employers with great jobs, in just a few weeks. We are currently looking for people without bachelor degrees to participate in and help build this new program.
As a Learning Associate you will 1) learn new skills for good careers, 2) get help finding new jobs, and 3) shape our digital learning program. This is a paid contract position with an expected time commitment of 20 hours/week for 10 weeks. This is a unique opportunity to advance your career while helping your community and getting compensated for your time. Commit to learning, and Level Up America will help you get ahead.
WHO WE ARE:
Level Up America is a new nonprofit focused on preparing and placing people who don’t have 4-year college degrees in good careers. We are looking for exceptional learners to participate in, complete, and give feedback on our “blended” learning program, which will combine online learning with in-person support.
WHO YOU ARE:
Skills and abilities:
Exceptional workplace skills: You easily work with all types of people and you're the person teammates call on to help fix problems; you love a good challenge and communicate clearly.
Excellent time management skills: You are great at balancing and meeting your personal and professional commitments, even when it seems like there’s not enough time in the day to get everything done.
Passion for learning: You are excited about the opportunity to learn new things and often find yourself learning in new ways, whether by staying up late watching videos online or getting help from friends who know things you don’t.
Strong self-motivation and “grit”: You are ready to commit to building a better future for yourself and your loved ones.
Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED. Those with bachelor’s degrees are not eligible.
- Able to pass a Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) or another basic academic assessment test.
- Fluent English speaker and writer.
- Work only part-time and/or earn <$45,000 per year.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Currently live within 50 miles of D.C., with access to public transportation and/or a car.
- Able to pass a background and reference check.
- Comfortable using the internet through a smartphone or a computer, with consistent internet access.
- Interest in technology and/or an interest in developing technology-related skills. Those without a background in IT are definitely welcome.
WHAT YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME DOING:
Learning. Once you are hired, you will spend ~20 hours/week in an online learning program for ~10 weeks. The online program is designed to get you ready for an entry-level technical role with the opportunity for promotion and a great career path, and could potentially focus on roles in the following fields: IT, Cybersecurity, and Data Analytics.
Aside from the online courses, you will also participate in the following:
In-person 1:1 coaching (~1.5 hours/week)
Small peer group meet-up with coach (~5 people, ~2 hours/week)
Optional meet-ups with the larger cohort (bi-monthly)
Ongoing virtual coaching & wraparound services, as well as 24/7 technical support
Providing the Level Up Team with Honest and Thoughtful Feedback.
We want to build the best education-to-employment program in the country and we have ambitious near-term goals. Later this year, we will launch two sites reaching 500+ people, and in four years, we will reach 100,000+ learners annually. To do this effectively, we need you to help us learn more about how we can best prepare and place people with diverse backgrounds in digital careers at an unprecedented scale.
As such, we may ask you to participate in the following:
- Focus Groups
- One-on-one interviews
WHAT WE’LL DO FOR YOU:
Benefits and Salary
- Pay $2,500 (in bi-weekly installments) for participation in the full learning program, which we expect will take roughly 20 hours/week for 10 weeks. Those who “graduate” from our program will receive a $500 bonus, making our 10-week program an equivalent hourly wage of $15/hour. (We are open to individuals who would like to complete the 200 hours in a shorter time period).
- Provide personalized one-on-one coaching and support throughout the learning program.
- Help you write a professional resume and practice your interview skills.
- Offer job placement assistance, with access to our network of employer partners.
WHAT THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- You’ll be asked to complete a short survey and online course.
- You’ll be asked to participate in 1-2 individual and/or small group interviews to test for key professional & motivational skills.
- You’ll be asked to complete a brief scheduling & planning exercise.
ONE MORE THING:
Diversity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that tech should be truly inclusive and include underrepresented people in terms of race, gender and/or socio-economic status. We strongly encourage underrepresented people to apply.