General Manager at Staffing Solutions of Hawaii
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Business Hours, Hours may be long
Note: Applications will only be reviewed for applicants currently living in the state of Hawaii and who are available for an interview with Staffing Solutions.
- The General Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of management including but not limited to leasing and tenant relations, business planning and sales & marketing management, facilities and operational management and control of all maintenance, inspection and safety functions
- Develop a structured business plan for the company to cover all key components of operation
- Develop sales and leasing plans to identify new clients and negotiate with prospective tenants to maximize income in line with the business plan
- Negotiation of leases both new and renewals across all categories
- Develop and maintain a long term beneficial relationship with all existing tenants and Retail Groups to ensure continued and future business
- To prepare, review and adjust financial budgets, systems and processes and monitor performance against budget
- To ensure smooth and positive relationship with the tenants, suppliers and contractors
- Develop and implement approved procedures and systems across all functions to ensure smooth co-ordination / co-operation among various internal departments to facilitate business needs and deliver positive customer and tenant experiences
- Prepare plans and schedules for regular and periodic maintenance in conjunction with relevant department heads and follow up on quality and execution
- Preparation and development of marketing and annual event plans/calendar
- Train and guide the tenants and employees
- Resolves complaints and demands of tenants and work to remove the causes of the complaint and respond to their requests within the legal and contractual obligations
- Follow legal procedures with respect to mall operations and tenant interactions
- Develop and upkeep the company identity - ensure adherences to corporate brand guidelines
- Take steps to improve customer services inside company
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Those who do not meet the below requirements or a very transferable background and knowledge, need not apply:
- Must be bilingual in Japanese/English (both written and verbal)
- Graduate/Master’s degree preferred, but open to Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail Management/Real Estate, MBA preferred
- At least 10 years’ management experience. May be open to 7-9 years. Management experience in a shopping mall or department setting is desired
- Should have great communication skills to work well with tenants and employees
- Strong business acumen and good technical knowledge of Commercial Facilities
- Good understanding of mall management
- Strong mall specific financial acumen
- Good understanding of mall operations and associated policies and procedures
- Good understanding of marketing, advertisement and promotion
- Knowledge of managing leasing contracts and negotiation, exposure to tender management
- Understanding and experience in managing Service Level Agreements i.e. cleaning, security, facilities management etc.
- Strong negotiations and sales skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Leadership and decision-making qualities are essential
- A good team player, very smart with strong analytical skills
- Able to be trusted with confidential and sensitive company information
Up to $200,000/annual; BOE
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of background and reference checks.
Staffing Solutions of Hawaii:
Staffing Solutions of Hawaii is a local, award winning, and growing privately owned agency in Oahu. For more than 20 years, our personal approach to building our relationships with renowned companies ensures our employees enjoy competitive pay, stimulating careers and assignments, and excellent growth opportunities, with the chance for it to turn into full-time employment!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, including females, minorities, protected Veterans and those with disability.