Director of Nursing (Long-Term Care) at samaritan services, inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Nome, Alaska
Position Title: Director of Nursing (DON) - Long-Term Care (LTC)
Employer: Norton Sound Health Corporation – Nome, AK
Department: Quyanna Care Center
Purpose of Position:
Manage the nursing and care provided to residents of the long term care unit, provide patient and family focused care, and direct assigned employees while demonstrating leadership through direction, motivation, training, assistance, performance evaluation and corrective action.
Uphold the organization’s vision, mission, and corporate values. Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with organization’s policies, procedures, code of conduct and work rules.
- Perform leadership functions including selection, scheduling, training, performance management and discipline. Instill passion in assigned staff for NSHC’s mission, vision, and values, paying particular attention to the maintenance of a safe and productive work environment
- Demonstrate personal initiative and accountability while managing the department's budget. Forecast needs, allocate resources and/or take corrective action as necessary
- Review and revise nursing standards and procedures and coordinate nursing care with other disciplines ot integrate treatment programs
- Plan and supervise patient care using assessments to identify problems
- Manage nursing and support personnel assuring that appropriate continuing education is maintained and educate staff on an on-going basis to facilitate performance improvement activities
- Resolve emergency and problem situations as they occur
- Maintain compliance and correct deficiencies with state surveys
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance, and teamwork. All employees should have patient/customer service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills. All employees should have the ability to manage their time and organize their work to ensure efficient performance. In addition, all employees should have the ability to follow policy, procedure, and instructions, actively communicate with their supervisors to ensure understanding and manage their work accordingly. Finally, all employees should have the ability to understand and manage patient/customer confidentiality.
Job-specific skills and abilities are listed below:
- Skill using Minimum Data Set Software
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to provide leadership to direct reports
- Education - Master’s Degree in a Nursing Program or equivalent
- Experience - A minimum of 4 years working as a Registered Nurse (RN) and a minimum of 1 year in a leadership role in nursing.
- Long Term Care: 2 years
- Director of Nursing: 5 years
- Nurse Management: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Active RN license