Account Coordinator at VSC PR
Posted in Admin - Clerical 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Silicon Valley is where personal ideas become global businesses. How about working for one of the most creative forces in tech and telling the stories of the people defining your generation?
WHO WE ARE
VSC is a strategic communications agency seeking the strategists, storytellers, and data nerds who will have lasting impact upon the companies and startups who are pushing the frontiers of our society.
Whether it’s robots making pizzas at Zume; empowering millions of women to become their own fashion entrepreneurs at Poshmark; getting to work on new technology that puts music into physical places with Spotify-backed Soundtrack Your Brand; or exploring virtual reality in the classroom with Nearpod, you’ll get to work with some of the most revolutionary companies on the planet.
The world needs storytellers. Tech is cool, but if it doesn’t tell a story, what’s the point? This is why VSC will teach you the skills to not only pay the bills, but give your readers chills.
WHO YOU ARE
- A freestyler - you win friends and influence people with your on-the-spot ideas, clarity, brevity, and humor
- A critical thinker - you question everything and can remix insights across what you read, hear, and see
- A killer writer - show us your blog posts and prove it
- A design maven – you know how to whip up something stunning in video, HTML, InDesign, and Photoshop
- A leader - you show up early, roll up your sleeves, and dive into whatever the day holds
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- <1 year of relevant work experience or internships
- Clear passion for technology
- Great attention to detail and ability to understand and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and exceptional project and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and familiarity with AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
QUALITIES THAT DISTINGUISH YOU FROM THE PACK
- You are a constant learner and desire to be an expert in all your endeavors
- You thrive off building relationships and collaborating with people who have different skill sets
- You like when expectations are set so you can surpass them
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
VSC understands that extraordinary people don't take ordinary jobs.
You'll work alongside people who have won more than 100 awards for breakthrough PR campaigns. Among your teammates are musicians, writers, spoken word artists, athletes, illusionists, rappers, gamers, and other creatives who work hard and celebrate each win, no matter how big or small. Together, VSC has accrued decades of experience by working in the trenches with more than 200 businesses and startups to innovate their communications strategies in new ways. That's because we champion the obsessives, the geeks, the contrarians, and the idealists, and we embrace diversity in thought and practice.
WHAT YOU'LL ACHIEVE
The academic program provides a deep dive into the foundation of building communications strategies for emerging tech companies. You’ll learn how to write for business, the basics of media relations, how to brainstorm creative campaigns, and the ins and outs of the startup and VC world.
Beyond that, you will learn how to deepen your ideas; you will learn how to communicate with substance and style; you will work better with a team than without one; and your voice will be heard.
ROOM WITH A VIEW
VSC is located in the center of the San Francisco Bay Area, once described as “the most productive and innovative land mass in the world.” But you wouldn’t know it by the relaxed atmosphere within our offices. From our fluid and flexible office space to themed celebrations and entrepreneur freestyles, VSC grants you access to the forefront of technology and design, but with a solid workplace to stay grounded.