Sr Quantitative Analyst at SoFi
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
The Analytics and Data Science team is looking to add a Senior Quantitative Analyst focused on Wealth and Advice. If you are a rockstar data and analytics guru with a background in engineer, math, physics, data science or marketing analytics, we'd love to hear from you! Success of this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics. You treat stakeholders as a partnership – you are there at each step of the way and you know that we only succeed if we succeed together.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
- Build stochastic modeling for goal setting framework based on member milestones/goals.
- Build scenario analysis platform based on assets, liabilities and cash flow projections.
- Build and enhance investment and tax optimization framework for our members.
- Build logic for highest use for the next dollar
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering to execute analytics platform to build world-class products.
- Make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on quantitative analysis and get buy-in from both technical and non-technical audiences across all levels.
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor and deliver insights to our business partners.
- Commercially aware and politically astute. You stay focused on what’s best for the company – sometimes that requires being flexible, other times it requires being steadfast.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-10 years of experience in quantitative analysis covering investment management, wealth, robo-advisory, platform engineering, and/or risk analytics.
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences.
- Financial product knowledge in fixed income, consumer credit, or portfolio theory.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field.
- SQL, R, Python and Tableau.
- Public github, publications, management experience, speaking engagements are great.
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.