Business Analyst at Uncommon
Posted in Information Technology 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palo Alto, California
WHO WE ARE
Uncommon is on a mission to provide life changing opportunities to talented people by making recruiting smart, fair, and efficient. Using the power of artificial intelligence, Uncommon predicts the next best role for candidates and helps companies discover great employees. By removing all bounds that stifle employment possibilities, Uncommon helps people and businesses grow.
Uncommon has a bold goal of making the job search simple, fast and maybe even fun— for both job seekers and employers alike. We're currently forming a team of crazy-smart, outside-the-box thinkers to help us do it. And we’d be stoked for you to join us!
What we need
We are looking for a driven, self-starter, and creative Business Analyst to join our Operations team. This is a central role to our operations and overall business. Your work will drive key business decisions and will feed directly into the company's business and financial model.
As Uncommon’s Business Analyst, you will be responsible to define the company’s metrics as well as monitor them on a continual basis. You have a strong entrepreneurial background (preferably has worked at small startups in the past) who can adjust quickly as the business undergoes changes. Even though you will mainly use Excel for your analyses, some technical background would be helpful when working with the engineering and QA teams, and defining specification for reports and reporting tools.
You will report to the COO and work closely with our engineering and data science teams.
What you’ll do
- Regularly produce reports to help teams achieve goals
- Collaborate with operations, engineering, and product teams to interpret trends and abnormalities in data
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the customer
- Develops solutions to business and technology problems
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes
- Communicate results, findings, and key insights
What you bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics) preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Business / Systems Analysis or a similar analytics focused role
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience in SQL (MongoDB a plus)
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Strong ability to communicate findings and recommendations to senior management
- Inquisitive and curious mindset to perform deep analyses when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Eligible to Work in the US
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.