Senior Software Engineer at YapStone
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Walnut Creek, California
At YapStone, we approach payments with the same startup mentality that we had when we launched our first payment solution in 1999. We are now focused on combining our entrepreneurial spirit with our immense payment expertise to take our company and our partners to the forefront of innovation. As one of the leading payment companies, YapStone is continually searching for passionate thinkers to join us in changing how the world pays.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for building Java and web services solutions that scale with YapStone’s rapid growth.
This is a high visibility, high impact role and an opportunity to contribute to enhancements to our cutting edge Java payments platform and architecture.
- Drive the design, development and implementation of the core of our Java / J2EE technology platform and web services.
- Own key architectural decisions and design considerations
- Own the adoption of new tools and technology
- Interface with clients to discover, troubleshoot and resolve issues and recommend product enhancements
- Lead projects and exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Extensive engineering experience and a proven track record in e-commerce, enterprise, high performance, large scale web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Thought leader, hands-on contributor, and decision maker known for solving difficult software engineering problems
- Excellent Java coding skills
- Experience in payments or high transactional systems
- Significant experience managing, troubleshooting and working on Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
- Experience mentoring / developing an engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience with Kafka and Hadoop is a plus
- BSCS or equivalent, MS preferred
YapStone is a global provider of full-stack payment solutions for global marketplaces and large vertical markets. YapStone powers online and mobile payments for HomeAway®* VRBO®* and thousands of apartment and vacation rental companies, Homeowners’ Associations, self-storage companies, hospitality establishments and non-profits. YapStone processes over $14B in payment volume annually and has been recognized for its growth, ranking on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for eight consecutive years and named to the Forbes’ List of America’s Most Promising Companies again in 2015. YapStone has raised over $110 million from investors including Accel Partners, Meritech Capital and Bregal Sagemount. YapStone is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay area with additional offices in Santa Monica, California and Ireland. To learn more, visit www.YapStone.com. #LIKI