Software Engineering Manager at Lyft
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback. They move fast and ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team and others provide general technical direction and oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers.
- Help your team build relationships across functions with Support, Marketing, Ops, BizDev, or other teams to ensure Lyft’s continuing success.
- You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lyft employees.
- You have experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
- You think ahead and build for the future.
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.