Sr Software Engineer (React.js) at Mastech Digital
Posted in Information Technology 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
The Aircraft Operations Team has approximately 35 members, working on a variety of products, primarily Ops Suite.
This product is responsible for replacing our core legacy operational systems.
We are using an Agile methodology to develop a large scale, custom web application, integrating with optimization components, problem detection engines, and data cache.
We have several components already in production, including a recovery optimizer used by the NOC.
We are currently evaluating our tools before tackling the next big pieces of work; focusing on a microservices architecture and cloud deployment strategy.
- Analyze, design, write program code, test, document, and implement functionally appropriately, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, and organizational methodologies and standards.
- Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Analyze and resolve problems of medium complexity.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
- Analyze and design programs for simple to medium complexity business problems according to user specifications and assist in developing detail program specifications.
- Comply with project management methodology requirements as appropriate.
- Participate in system and acceptance testing.
- Test and implement system components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Responsible for immediate response to production program problems.
- BS / BA, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, and / or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- At least 10 years of experience with software design and development.
- Object-oriented analysis and design in JAVA and JSON
- Experience with other languages besides JAVA (i.e. Perl, Python, Groovy, Go, Ruby, Erlang, Scala, Clojure, Elm)
- Experience supporting complex systems
- Experience collaborating on software designs with Technical Leads and Architects
- Experience with Tomcat or tcServer
- Experience with embedded web servers such as netty
- Eclipse IDE
- Jenkins as our Continuous Integration server
- Source Code Management (Git)
- Gemfire experience is a plus. Experience with NoSQL or relational databases is a plus.
- Microservices and AWS experience a plus
- Some knowledge of Jira / Confluence / BitBucket (formerly known as Stash) would be helpful
- Ability to create service endpoints in Java.
- Ability to design and integrate distributed software components.
- Ability to implement asynchronous message patterns.
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design (DDD) principles.
- Familiarity with AKKA and/or Actor-based concurrency a bonus