Patient Access Representative - Admitting at Christus Health
Posted in Health Care 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Corpus Christi, TexasJob Description:
Register patients for out-patient, emergency room, or in-patient services. Coordinate activities with ancillary departments as necessary. Calculates charges, verifies insurance, and collects deposits as necessary. Prepare appropriate documents.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
* Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
* Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
* Must be able to type 45 wpm.
* Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
* Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
* One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
* Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled