EHS Specialist at US03 EpiCentre Technologies Corporation
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environment, Health and Safety Specialist in Madison, WI. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about a vision where all employees are EHS leaders. The successful candidate will be required to provide compliance program support to the EHS Madison team.
Reporting to the Illumina Manager EHS, the incumbent provides technical expertise and tactical support for the Madison EHS Programs at Illumina including, but not limited to, Chemical Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Laboratory Health and Safety, Biological Safety, Laser Safety, Respiratory Protection, Ergonomics, Incident Investigation, LOTO, Confined Space, Fire Code Program Management, Hazardous Waste, Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Risk Assessments, Emergency Response, etc. As an EH&S Specialist II for Illumina, you will be responsible for development, planning, and implementation of various Illumina EHS programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of EHS risk prevention and compliance programs for Madison Illumina locations.
- Will participate in and document risk assessments, incident investigations and other occupational safety programs.
- Support the safety program implementation for warehouse safety, lab safety, biosafety, laser safety, etc.
- Will be responsible for supporting compliance and efficient operation of the hazardous waste program.
- Will assist with compliance activities to ensure requirements are met.
- Will serve as EH&S resource for facilities changes, moves and enhancements in conformance with Wisconsin building/fire codes.
- Will serve as the representative to ensure corporate and insurance programs are implemented at the site.
- Will collect and manage EH&S and sustainability metrics.
- Prepares contracts for consulting and engineering services as appropriate.
- May participate in company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene and life safety.
- May serve as point of contact for emergency personnel.
- Interact with local regulatory agencies.
- Regulatory interpretation, planning, auditing.
- Maintain, organize, and report EHS data and KPIs (actions, incidents, near misses, inspection findings, training, etc.) to EHS team or internal customers.
- Coordinate general health and safety activities as needed to support the EHS team (e.g. safety walkthrough, risk assessments, training, etc.).
- Liaising with EHS team members and key internal customers and vendors – support areas for continuous improvement of EHS processes and data management.
- Assist in the reporting and closure of EHS actions related to various EHS programs (e.g. safety walkthrough, risk assessments, incident investigation, etc.).
- Assist in the development of EHS dashboards and communications.
- Promoting and supporting the health, safety, environment and sustainability culture.
- Support instructor-led EHS training.
- Maintain and update SOP’s as needed for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in day to day operation.
- Support active management of the safety committees.
- Develop and maintain corporate and site procedures for Chemical Hygiene, Hazard Communication, Laboratory Health and Safety, Biological Safety, Laser Safety, Respiratory Protection, and Ergonomics programs.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental Health and safety or related field required.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- 2-4 years relevant experience required.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech or chemical company preferred.
- Environmental compliance experience.
- Experience with OSHA, WI-DNR and FD requirements
- Knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Experience with biologic safety, laser safety, electrical safety
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf